Capia Pepper Breakfast Sauce
Ingredients for Capsicum Breakfast Sauce
- 4 kilos of red capia pepper
- 2-3 red chili peppers (cayenne pepper if not hot)
- 5-6 cloves of grated garlic
- 1 glass of olive oil
- 1 glass of grape vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
Making Capia Pepper Breakfast Sauce Recipe
- First of all, the insides of red and green peppers are cleaned and washed thoroughly. It is chopped coarsely and passed through a food processor.
- First, red peppers, then green peppers, garlic, oil and vinegar are added to a deep pot one after the other.
- While cooking, it is stirred from time to time. As the peppers boil, they first release their water, and they should absorb almost half of the water close to cooking.
- The peppers are cooked until their color turns and rawness disappears. (It can be seen from the boiling of the balloon.)
- Before turning off the last stove, sugar, dried mint and dried thyme are added and mixed.
- Be sure to taste before turning off the stove, salt, vinegar, You can add sugar and spices.
- The jars to be stored are passed through boiling water and the sauce is poured into them while it is boiling, and the lid is tightly closed.
- The jars are turned upside down and left for 8-10 hours until they cool. It is kept in a dark and cool place throughout the winter.