Home Tarhana Recipe
Ingredients for Home Tarhana Recipe
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 kg red pepper
- 1 kg onion
- Half kg chickpeas (half kg uncooked. We will use it by boiling.)
- 1 kg of yogurt
- 3 tablespoons of salt
- half a bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of mint< /li>
- 5 kg flour (approximately)
Home Tarhana Recipe Preparation
- Tomato, onion Wash the peppers, parsley and fresh mint and chop them finely.
- Add 1 liter of water to it and cook it until it becomes soft and mashed.
- Then add the boiled chickpeas and mash with a blender. Strain through a strainer.
- Place the mixture in a yoghurt bowl, add yoghurt and salt and mix.
- Make a solid dough with sifted flour, put it in a glass or steel bowl, cover and leave for 6-7 days. Let it sit (we guys keep it for 3-4 days, the longer you wait, the more sour taste it will taste).
- Mix the dough every day in the morning, noon and evening.
- You can add flour if it is too watery.
- When the time is up, pour it into small pieces on a cover.
- You can pressure-boil your vegetables for quicker and easier boiling.
- It would be better to dry your tarhana in the shade. The color will be lighter when you dry it in the sun.
- The chickpeas we use in the recipe allow the dough to ferment. Therefore, you will not need to use yeast again in this recipe.
- The drying time of your tar will vary depending on the temperature in your area. If you live in a humid place, it will be very difficult for you to dry tarhana.
- You should take a look at our Tarhana Soup Recipe to learn how to make Tarhana Soup, which you make at home.