Lutenitsa (Köz Sosu)
Ingredients for Lutenitsa (Roast Sauce) Recipe
- 2 kg tomatoes
- 1 and a half kg of capia pepper
- 1 kg eggplant
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1, 5 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar (I used apples, it works for grapes)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Salt< /li>
Lutenitsa (Ember Sauce) Recipe Preparation
- First of all, let’s start by roasting our peppers and eggplants.
- Let’s separate them from their skins and seeds.
- Let’s put our tomatoes and garlic in the blender and boil them.
- Let’s pass the pepper and eggplant separately through the blender, which is close to draining, and add it to our boiling tomato sauce and boil for a few minutes.
- Finally, let’s add the oil, spices and salt and bring it to a boil for a moment or two.
- Let’s put it in jars while it’s hot and seal it well.