Red Pesto Sauce (Pesto Rosso)
Ingredients for the Recipe for Red Pesto Sauce (Pesto Rosso)
- 100 grams of Dried Tomatoes with Olive Oil (if not, soften up to 80 grams of dried tomatoes in boiling water)
- 100 grams of parmesan or pekorino cheese (if not available, you can choose an aromatic cheese such as aged cheddar, tulum, ezine, sheep cheese)
- 50 grams of pine nuts/walnuts/cashews/almonds(choice)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tomato paste;
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 large leaves of fresh basil or 10 sprigs of small-leaved basil
- 150 ml olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
Red Pesto Sauce (Pesto Rosso) Recipe Preparation
- Used in recipes for pasta, pizza, toast, sandwiches, soups and juicy dishes red pesto sauce, your food It gives it a unique taste.
- You can make your sauce more fluid and use it in potato salads and various appetizers.
- Chop the tomatoes, grate the cheese finely, pluck the leaves from the basil and chop them (the stems will be discarded).
- If you use almonds or cashews, I recommend soaking them in cold water for 15 minutes. Softened nuts will make your pesto creamier.
- Pure all ingredients with a blender. The consistency of the pesto will be like muhammara, if you wish, you can make a more fluid sauce by adding cold water or extra olive oil.
- Pesto can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. If you wish, you can put some of them in the freezer like me.